- Patented formulation.
- Designed specifically for protection of coiled tubing utilised for oil and gas operations.
- Effectively neutralises organic and inorganic acids.
- Oily film provides excellent residual corrosion protection.
- Extends tube life and minimizes the risk of in-service failure.
- Simple and quick to use.
- Does not require additional expensive equipment.
- Readily biodegradable (>60 %) by the OECD method.
ROCOL Z50 is a water extendible product specifically formulated to protect the internal surface of steel coiled tubing (CT) utilised in oil and gas operations, from corrosion and pitting during storage. Z50 is also suitable for use by coiled tubing manufacturers and steel mills
ROCOL Z50 is a patented formulation designed for use as a flushing treatment for CT after the use of acids as well treatments. Residues of acids in the presence of oil and water can rapidly lead to costly corrosion issues such as pitting and pinholing during storage.
When mixed with water, Z50 forms an emulsion which effectively neutralises both organic and inorganic acids and deposits a protective oily film on the internal tubing surface, further protecting against corrosion for up to three months.
Directions for Use
- Product should be stored in its unopened original container.
- Prepare a 25% ?stock? emulsion of Z50 by slowly adding the product as supplied to potable water, stirring continuously.
- The emulsion of Z50 should be flushed through the tube for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Pressure testing can then be carried out using this solution.
- On completion of the job any remaining fluid should be removed from the tube (e.g. by nitrogen purge).
- The tube should then be sealed and returned to storage.